2022 Market FAQ
Can I touch the produce?
- Please only touch what you are purchasing.
- The Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources (MDAR) issued guidance that prohibited customers from touching produce at farmers markets. This restriction made for less waste for the farmers, and a safer overall market experience. While the guidance is rescinded we would still like to prevent so much wasted produce, so please only touch the items you are buying.
Can I eat in the market?
- We allow eating at specific locations at the market (tables). We want everyone to feel comfortable.
Can I get some hand sanitizer?
- Although no longer required, just inside the door to the grandstands is a no-touch hand sanitizer dispenser.
Do I have to wear a mask?
- Masks are no longer required, but our vendors are more than happy to put one on if you will feel more comfortable
Can I bring my reusable bag?
- Yes, we encourage use of reusable bags.
Why aren’t there more vendors at the farmers market? Where are some of my old favorites?
- Some vendors could not stay in business with the reduced foot traffic and others can’t manage the manpower to sell in the physical market instead they are selling only through the pre-order markets – check our virtual page to see who is selling there. The way to get more vendors at the market is to be a great patron regularly. The more foot traffic the more vendors will want to join us.
- Go to our market order site.
Can I bring my dog to the market?
- We allow well behaved dogs on a short leash.